The resort city, known to Russian aristocrats since the XIX century, the city of salt, the city of Dostoevsky – all this is Staraya Russa with its amazing air saturated with mineral salts, with cozy streets, ancient temples and the largest portable icon in the world. The tour includes a tour of the historical part of the city, monuments of Russian architecture, key attractions and unique places of Staraya Russa. Guests will get acquainted with the history of one of the oldest cities in Russia and see:
- Cathedral square (until the XX century Trade square), which housed the shopping arcade of Gostiny Dvor, fairs were held;
- Water tower, built in 1908-1909 in the style of «Modern», after the Grand opening of which water supply appeared in the city;
- The Cathedral of Resurrection of the XVII century, built on a steep hill at the confluence of the two rivers by the outstanding Russian architect Vasily Stasov - a symbol of beauty and Holiness, spiritual greatness, «business card» of the city;
- The promenade named after Dostoevsky – nice green promenade along the banks of the Pererytitsa river. It is an ideal place for leisurely walks. Here Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky loved to walk;
- Church of St. George (XV century) – the only temple in the city where more than 600 years services do not stop. The wooden interior gives it a unique identity. His parishioner was F.M. Dostoevsky;
- Miraculous icon of the old Russian Mother of God (list) – the main Shrine of Staraya Russa, the largest portable icon in the world with an amazing history;
- The Saviour-and-Transfiguration monastery – the oldest monument of Russian architecture, founded in 1192, one of the oldest Orthodox monasteries in the Novgorod land.